A Bible Devotional from Bethel
By: Pastor Larry Aikens, Jr.
April 4, 2022
We are here to offer encouragement for your Journey of Faith in Christ Jesus our Lord.
To study the Bible in more depth and get closer to God, we invite you to visit, www.onlyJesus4me.com. You will find E-books, Audiobooks, E-sessions, and more. All completely free! Our website will guide you on A Journey of Faith and help you discover Bible answers to life’s toughest questions.
We want to be a help and blessing to you!
Nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
“Don’t be afraid,” he said, “for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!”
Today, I want to remind you about the fact that nothing in this life can ever separate us from God’s love, which we have in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:39b). Nothing at all.
I want to illustrate this wonderful truth from the life of a famous Bible character: Daniel. I invite you to look up the book of Daniel in the Bible and read chapter 10. Notice what the heavenly messenger said to Daniel:
19 “Don’t be afraid,” he said, “for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!”
He said to Daniel, “You don’t have to be afraid because:
- You are known by God (you are very precious).
- You are loved by God (you can remain in peace).
- You are part of God’s plan (you can be encouraged).
- You are enabled by God to accomplish God’s will for your life (you can be strong).
Now, if you are one of God’s children, I want you to let this truth wash over you today. Nothing at all can separate you from God’s love. God speaks a very similar message to you:
- You are known by God and are very precious to Him.
- You are loved by God and that means you can remain in peace.
- You are part of God’s plan and that makes all the difference.
- You have been enabled, and will be enabled, to accomplish God’s will.
Let’s get back to Daniel. I had to ask myself a question about this story in Daniel 10. Why did God come to Daniel with such encouraging words? I think I found the answer in chapter 1:8, “Daniel determined not to defile himself…” Daniel was completely sold out to God and faith-filled.
God was pleased with Daniel’s life. God was pleased with Daniel’s faith. Even though Daniel’s life had fallen apart—as just a teenager—Daniel knew that “nothing could separate him from God’s love.” Nothing at all!
Daniel’s godly name meant, “God is my judge,” or it carried the idea that he was protected by God. His new name, “Beltshezzar” meant that he would be “Protected by Bel” (a false god). That did not change a thing for Daniel. He knew that God was still his protector—nothing could ever separate him from God’s love.
Daniel knew that even though he had been captured, he had not been separated from God’s love.
Even though his name had been changed, he was not separated from God’s love.
He may be enslaved, but he was not separated from God’s love.
Daniel never turned his back on God. Daniel made up his mind about some things. In his heart he declared:
- You can take me away from my home, but you cannot take me away from my faith.
- You can change my name, but you cannot change my character.
- You can change my surroundings, but you cannot change my purpose in life.
Daniel decided that he would remain:
- Firmly rooted in God’s love.
- With his decision to follow God – no turning back!
- In the service of God Almighty with all his heart, soul, mind and strength.
Daniel was tested many times—even in the den of lions. Yet, Daniel never strayed from God. No wonder, God sent a messenger—maybe even Jesus himself (a theophany), with this message, “You are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!”
Where are you at with God? Have you decided to “not defile yourself” with the things of this world? Have you decided to accept Jesus Christ into your heart and life—no turning back?
Have you responded to God’s love? Are you striving to walk in step with eternity? Are you trying your best to please the Lord above?
If so, will you let the words of this passage wash over you today, “You are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be Strong!” Nothing can separate you from God’s love. Nothing at all.
- You are known by God. Whatever you are going through—no matter how tough it is, God is right there. God knows.
- You are loved by God. Stay in peace. Don’t get upset. Don’t fret. Don’t let you heart be anxious, afraid, or troubled.
- You are part of God’s plan. Be encouraged. God is still on the Throne. God is at work. You don’t have to “make it happen.” You can rest that if you have done what God has called you to do, God will do the rest!
- You have been enabled by God to accomplish God’s will. You don’t ever need to give up, or give in. “As thy days, so shall thy strength be” (Deut. 33:25).
To Learn More:
To learn more about the vision of our pastor and teacher, Larry Aikens, Jr. you can click HERE and then follow the different links! We also invite you to visit Bethel’s website to learn more about Larry, our ministries at Bethel, and our wonderful congregation. Just click HERE and look around!